It’s time for the pigeon to go to school but he’s not so sure if he wants to go. There are lots of unknowns and things to be worried about. What if the teacher doesn’t like pigeons?!?! Luckily, the pigeon discovers a cool perk about school that makes him VERY excited to go. Can you guess what it is? Read The Pigeon Has to Go to School! to find out then make this fun apple art project to hang on your wall or give to your teacher!
3D Apple Picture
- Construction paper: one piece of blue at least 8” x 8” for background, two red pieces about 9”x 6” for apple, 3 pieces of white about 4” x 5” for the core, and a small piece of green for the leaf
- Black and brown markers or crayons
- Glue or glue stick
- Fold the two red pieces of paper in half so that one piece is inside the other then draw a backwards “C” that starts and ends on the fold, as pictured in photo #1.
- Cut along the line. You should now have two identical pieces that are folded in the middle.
- Spread glue on one half of each red shape and past them to the blue piece of paper so that they are touching along the folded edge, as pictured in photo #2.
- Repeat steps one and two with the three white pieces of paper.
- Glue the white pieces of paper to the red paper as shown in photo #3.
- Using the black crayon or marker, draw seeds on the white paper as shown in photo #3.
- Using the brown crayon or marker, draw the stem at the top of the apple.
- Cut the green paper into the shape of a leaf. It might be helpful to draw the shape first.
- Glue the leaf to the blue paper so that it is touching the stem.
- Write a message or continue to decorate the page as you wish!