Get excited about July 4 by reading one of these books, then create a festive patriotic blower to help you celebrate! Have fun!
These books are available to check our from our library:
These books are available to check out from our digital library:
Create Your Patriotic Blower!
- Red, white, and blue construction paper
- Empty toilet paper or paper towel roll
- Crayons or markers
- Streamers or crepe paper
- Line the bottom edge of your empty toilet roll up with the bottom edge of your blue construction paper in one corner, with the paper held landscape. Use your scissors to make a horizontal cut where the top edge meets the page to mark the height of the roll. Move the roll and cut all the way across the paper to get a rectangle the width of the page but the height of the roll.
- Apply glue down the length of the tube and across the construction paper. Wrap the paper around the roll. Apply glue to the edge of the construction paper to seal well.
- Cut a smaller strip of red and white construction paper and glue each piece around the paper tube in the same way you glued the blue.
- Cut three equal length pieces of red crepe paper. Cut each piece down the middle to make six long strips. Glue one end of each strip to the inside of one end of the tube.
- Decorate the tube as desired.
- Keeping your mouth close, but not touching the tube, blow into the end without the crepe paper strips! Happy July 4th!