Have you ever wanted to know the secrets of shining like a unicorn? Well, Shine Like a Unicorn by Shelli R. Johannes, with its step-by-step instructions for discovering your inner uni-queness, is the perfect book for you! After reading the book, you can make your very own unicorn horn that’s just as unique as you are!
Wearable Unicorn Horn
- 8.5” X 11” paper
- Markers or crayons
- About 4 feet of yarn
- Fold the paper lengthwise (hotdog) but only crease it at one end.
- Unfold the paper. Using the ruler, draw two diagonal lines from the crease to the opposite corners, so that you have a long triangle.
- Cut along the two lines. Remember that cutting is an important skill for kids to practice. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Cut the end off the triangle, about 1.5 inches from the tip.
- Color! I like to see how the colors mix and blend when I layer different colors on top of each other!
- Roll it up! Starting at the short end, roll the triangle into a cone. It won’t be even at the bottom.
- Trim the bottom so that it looks like a cone.
- Tape the edges down.
- Cut yarn so that you have two pieces that are about 24 inches long each.
- Knot one end of each piece of yarn and tape to the inside of the horn. The knot will help it from being pulled out from the tape.
- Tie the ends under your chin or behind your head. Now you’re a unicorn!