It all started with a cake, then a cookie and finally a pie. Sweet Street erupted in chaos and the Sweet Street inhabitants had to find a way to get along. It Happened on Sweet Street written by Caroline Adderson and illustrated by Stephane Jorisch is a delightful story to share with your child. Eventually everyone on Sweet Street learned to work and live in harmony.
Award winning illustrator, Jorisch adds quaint illustrations to the story. You and your child will enjoy this book from beginning to end. Don’t be surprised if you child asks you for a sweet treat when you are finished.
- Multiple pieces and colors of construction paper
- One piece of 8 1/2 x 11 construction paper
- Embellishments (sequins, glitter, pom poms, etc.)
- Cut three rectangles (Each one slightly smaller than the first) from different colors of construction paper.
- Stack them vertically on the 8 1/2 x 11 piece of construction paper and glue in place (refer to picture above, if needed)
- Cut three or more small rectangles from any color construction paper and the same number of tear drop shapes from yellow construction paper. Glue the rectangles with the yellow tear drops on top of the cake, as shown in the picture. These are your candles. You can make as many candles as you like.
- Lastly, decorate you cake. Use your embellishments and glue to decorate your cake any way you like. Use your imagination and get creative!