It seems we are all on computers, all the time. Our children are going to school online, playing video games or watching social media. Snail Mail written by Samantha Berger and Illustrated by Julia Patton reintroduces the importance of traditional mail.
A girl writes a letter to a boy and it is delivered by Snail Mail. Three adventurous snails take the mail across the country to her friend. It is a very exciting trip. They navigate canyons, mountains and rivers. Eventually, they enlist help from the sparrows. The snails successfully make their way across the country to deliver the letter.
- White paper plate
- Multiple colors of construction paper
- 2 Googly eyes
- Black marker
- Cut several small squares from the construction paper.
- Cut any shape head with two antennae. The picture shows an oval shape.
- Glue the head to the back of the paper plate, as shown in the picture.
- Glue one googly eye to each antennae.
- Glue the small colorful squares onto the paper plate. Be creative, you can make any design you like.
Now you have your own snail to deliver mail. Congratulations!