There was once a time when all the colors, from midsummer blue to sunrise orange, lived at the tips of Annie’s fingers. But when her classmate’s sidelong glances cause Annie to notice all the tiny flaws in her art, her colorful creative spark fades to gray. With lyrical prose and eye-catching illustrations, author-artist Lisa Anchin shows readers how to find the beauty in imperfections and celebrate the Joy of creating for creation’s sake in her story, The Paper Bird.
Paper Bird Craft
- Paper bird template
- Cardstock paper
- Crayons, colored pencil, or markers
- Glue or glue stick
- Hole punch
- Print out the paper bird template on cardstock.
- Color in your bird as desired.
- Cut out and assemble your bird by following the instructions provided in the above link.
- Punch a hole in the top of your bird, thread the yarn threw, and tie.