Discover the joy of generosity in friendship with the book The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister then make a beautiful rainbow fish suncatcher. Maybe you could even show your own generosity by giving it to a special friend!
Fish Suncatcher Craft
- Blue construction paper
- Small bits of tissue paper: various colors
- White colored pencil
- Markers or other colored pencils
- Clear packing tape (or clear contact paper)
- Hole punch
- Using the white colored pencil, draw the outline of a fish with an oval in the middle.
- Cut out the fish and cut the oval.
- Cover the oval with packing tape or clear contact paper. Turn the fish over so that the sticky side is up.
- Place small bits of tissue paper inside the oval on the sticky surface of the tape. It is okay if the tissue paper overlaps.
- Cover the tissue paper with another piece of packing tape.
- Punch a hole in the top of the fish.
- Thread a piece of yarn through the hole and tie into a loop
- Decorate your fish as desired (add eyes, mouth, scales, etc.)
- Hang up your fish in the window to let the sun shine through the center!