The classic children’s book, Dandeline by Don Freeman reminds readers that it’s always best to just be yourself. Read the book then make a fun lion craft. You’ll need to head outside and collect some actual dandelions (or other wild flowers) for this project, making this a perfect craft for summer!
- 9″ x 9″ piece of yellow construction paper
- One small square of black construction paper (about 1.5″ square)
- Two white construction paper circles about 1″ diameter
- Glue stick
- Hole punch
- Use a plate or bowl to draw a circle on the yellow construction paper (about 8″ in diameter) and cut out.
- Draw several dots along the perimeter of the circle and use the hole punch to make holes where the dots are.
- Snip off two corners of the black square to make a triangle.
- Glue the white circles and black triangle to the big yellow circle (as shown below)
- Draw in other details as desired.
- Go outside and find dandelions or other flowers, putting one stem through each hole!