Celebrate May the 4th by checking out a Star Wars picture book. If you can’t make it to the library, you can check out a Star Wars book from our digital collection. After reading your book, you may be in the mood to make a Chewbacca paper bag puppet. May the 4th be with you!
Some Star Wars picture books that you can find in our library:
Chewbacca Paper Bag Puppet:
- Paper Bag
- Black Construction Paper
- White Construction Paper
- Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils
- Use scissors and the black construction paper to cut pupils, the holster, and Chewbacca’s nose.
- Use scissors and the white construction paper to cut eyes, the rectangles for the holster, and teeth.
- OR you can download and print the template found below and cut out these pieces.
- Use glue to place eyes, nose, and holster pieces to the paper bag.
- Use crayons, markers, and/or colored pencils to make “fur” and decorate as desired.
Optional: download and print craft pieces!