Happy St. Patrick’s Day! St. Patrick’s Day calls for celebration and what better way to celebrate with your child, than to read a book and complete a craft. Jack and the Leprechaun written by Ivan Robertson and illustrated by Katy Bratun is the perfect story for this celebration (spoiler alert: the story confirms leprechauns are not real).
Jack is told the tale of Liam the Leprechaun by his family. While filling his basket with shamrocks in the woods Jack thinks he spots Liam the Leprechaun. Jack chases, but does not catch him. Jack sees Liam again out of the corner of his eye during a family party. Do you think Jack catches Liam?
Rainbow Windsock Craft
- Construction paper (colors of the rainbow), plus extra green and an 8-1/2 X 11 piece of black
- One hole punch
- Green ribbon
- Cut approximately 1″ strips of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet/purple.
- Glue the strips to the 8 1/2 x 11 piece of black construction paper. You can glue them in ROYGBIV order or any order you like.
- Cut off the excess black construction paper, so all you can see are the rainbow colors.
- Make a tube by bending the rainbow paper and ask an adult to staple the ends together.
- Punch approximately 5 holes around the bottom of the tube.
- Attach green ribbon to the bottom of the tube
- Hang your wind sock and enjoy!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!