Get ready for all things that go. On The Go Awesome written by Lisl H. Detlefsen and illustrated by Robert Neubecker will introduce your child to all vehicles that go. Some of the vehicles are on land, some in the air and others on water. Your child will want to read this book again and again.
- One piece of black construction paper
- Several pieces of color construction paper
- Cut three medium size squares from different colors of construction paper. You can follow the example in the picture or be creative and use your own combination of colors.
- Cut one triangle (approximately the same size as the squares) from another piece of color construction paper.
- Cut three circles from white construction paper (make sure the circles will fit on top of the squares). The circles will be the rocket’s windows.
- Cut a semi-circle from another color of construction paper. Fold the semi circle in half (lengthwise) and cut down the fold. You will end up with two quarter circles.
- Cut 4 long strips of construction paper, any color would work.
- Glue the 3 squares onto the black construction paper (as shown in the picture above)
- Glue the one white circle onto each square. Make sure the circles are centered on the squares.
- Glue the triangle on to the black construction paper just above the top square with the tip pointing up (as illustrated above).
- Glue the 2 quarter-circles on either side of one of the squares as shown in the picture above.
- Glue 2 of the strips of paper on one side of the square opposite the triangle and glue the last two strips to the opposite side of the same square.
Congratulations! You have finished you rocket.