In A Very Big Fall by Emmy Kastner, life as a leaf is pretty sweet. The weather is pleasant, the view is fine, and everything just feels fresh. But when autumn breezes begin to blow, adventurous Birch, nervous Oak, and grumpy Maple each have their own way of facing the new crispness in the air. New situations (like changing color, and the promise of the fall to come) can be scary but also thrilling, as these three adorable autumn leaves discover in this funny and heartwarming story.
After reading this delightful book make your own leaf people inspired by the characters in this story that can change color.
Paper Leaf Person Craft
- 1/2 sheet of green construction paper
- Crayons (white, black, brown, red, orange, yellow)
- Glue or glue stick
- Draw the outline of your leaf (refer to the illustrations in A Very Big Fall to see the shape of an Oak, Maple, or Birch leaf)
- Color your leaf with crayons
- Cut out your leaf
- Using the leftover paper, cut out some arms and legs
- Glue the arms and