Lois Ehlert’s, “Planting a Rainbow” tells the story of a mother and child planting a rainbow of flowers in their garden. Check this title out from our library or read it on the go from our digital collection. Then make your own colorful flower craft!
- light blue paper
- green paper or green marker
- purple paint
- empty water bottle
- small paper plate
- scissors, if using green paper
- Cut out skinny stems from the green paper and glue on to blue paper OR use the green marker to draw skinny stems on your green paper.
- Pour some purple paint on to the small paper plate. Dip the cap of the water bottle into the paint and press it around your green stems. Continue dipping and dabbing until you’ve made your hyacinth flowers!
- After drying, you can cut out or draw leaves for the flowers, if desired.