Squirrels Leap, Squirrels Sleep by April Pulley Sayre and Illustrated by Steve Jenkins is a sweet read-a-loud that takes the reader along for a day in the life of a squirrel and what becomes of the acorns they burry. This adorable and informative picture book offers an appendix that contains lots of great information about squirrels and trees for curious minds. After you have read the book, make your own squirrel
Squirrel Paper Tube Puppet
- Paper tube
- 1 piece of construction paper
- glue stick
- Draw a face on the paper tube, then color the rest of the tube as desired.
- Draw feet, hands, ears, and an acorn on the contruction paper (see image), then cut out.
- Cut out a rectangle that is about 1.5″ x 9″ and curl it using a crayon (see image).
- attach the feet, hands, ears, acorn, and tale with glue, using the image as a guide.