Valentine’s Day is around the corner. It is the time of year to let those closest to you know how much you love them. Porcupine Cupid written by Jason June and illustrated by Lori Richmond is a heartwarming story of a prickly porcupine trying to play matchmaker in the forest. Does porcupine find love? You will have to read to find out.
Share this cute and simple porcupine craft with your child.
- Brown construction paper
- One googly eye
- Brown and black markers or crayons
- White paper plate
- Cut the paper plate in 1/2 (as shown in the picture).
- Color one half of the paper plate brown.
- Cut several thin, long triangles from the brown construction paper.
- Cut the notch out of the flat side of the paper plate (as shown in the picture) Leave a little round area at the end.
- The small round area will be the nose, color that black.
- Glue several of the long triangles with the pointed edge facing up toward the rounded side of the paper plate half.
- Glue the googly eye between the nose and the long brown triangles.
Now you have your own Porcupine Cupid!
Happy Valentines Day!