There’s A Troll On My Toilet written by Catherine Jacob and illustrated by Mike Byrne is a perfectly, silly rhyming story great to read around Halloween. Your child will be guessing what Halloween characters they will find on each page.
The colorful, bright illustrations are engaging and fun for all ages. The story of There’s A Troll On My Toilet is just “spooky” enough (but not too spooky) for a preschooler. In the end, There’s A Troll On My Toilet is a heartwarming story about a family enjoying a Halloween party together.
- One paper plate
- Two googly eyes
- One piece of black construction paper
- Green crayon
- Green chalk
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Cut a medium size oval (this will be the Troll’s nose) and two small ovals (these will be the Troll’s ears) out from one side of the paper plate.
- Color the full half of the paper plate and all three ovals with the green crayon.
- Cut a 6″ x 9″ inch piece from the black construction paper.
- Color one side of the 6″x 9″ piece of black construction paper with the green chalk.
- Glue the black construction paper to the back of the rounded edge of the paper plate (as shown in the picture).
- Glue the medium size oval to the middle of the green side of the paper plate.
- Glue the smaller ovals onto the backside of the paper plate on either side of the black construction paper.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the paper plate, above the oval.
Congratulations! Now you have your own Halloween Troll.