Porter Public Library celebrates Welcome Week!
One of the goals of Welcome Week is to help build a sense of community – a sense of “we.” Traveling and seeing the world can help create a sense of community. It can be intimidating to navigate unfamiliar locations on your own. Using a travel guide can take some of that stress out of travel. We are fortunate here at the library we have an large collection of travel books and guides to help in planning a visit to other parts of your own country or to foreign countries.
Why Use a Travel Guide?
Travel guides have many features a traveler can take advantage of:
- No need for a Wi-Fi signal or worry about battery use.
- Small and convenient to carry around.
- Travel guides are updated regularly to provide current and relevant information for planning your trip.
- No need to worry about wrong information being copied from other “travel” sites.
- Provides information on the best places to visit, to eat, and to stay.
- Gives insights into local history, culture, and local customs or laws you should be aware of.
- Most travel guides have vibrant, full color pictures and maps to aid you on your trip.
- Many guides will have information on the best time of year or season to visit and provide suggested itineraries.
- Ignites your wanderlust!
- Travel guides have been around for a long time
Around the World
Join us September 10-16, 2023, for Welcoming Week at WPPL with events and more aimed at building strong connections with neighbors of all backgrounds. The week culminates with the Community Welcome Fair featuring local groups sharing their stories, traditions and food.
Read more blog posts about the ways Ohio, Westlake, and your local library are welcoming everyone to the community.