Check out the fun and colorful book, Get Together by Miguel Ordóñez, and discover how simple shapes can come together to make some pretty interesting critters. After you read the book you’ll be inspired to make lots of things out of simple shapes like the turtle shown in this post.
Turtle from Shapes Craft
- Construction paper in blue, green, white, and black
- Crayons or markers
- Draw a large circle, large rectangle, and two smaller rectangles on the blue paper and cut them out (use the photo below to estimate approximate size).
- Draw a large half-circle on the green construction paper and cut out.
- Draw circles on the white and black construction paper and cut out.
- Arrange the shapes to make a turtle (or whatever you want!) and glue together.
- Use crayons or markers to decorate your critter however you like!