Last Stop on Market Street written by Matt De La Pena and illustrated by Christian Robinson is such an important story to share with your child. This picture book is a Caldecott Honor Book, a Newbery Medal Winner and was awarded the Coretta Scott King Award. Last Stop on Market Street is full of cheerful images, while conveying the important message of compassion. Your child can gain a better understanding of diversity and materialism. This is a must read!
After taking a moment to share Last Stop on Market Street, you child can make two simple Friendship Bracelets. They can keep a bracelet and give one to a special friend.
- Straws (multiple colors)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Cut straws into small lengths (1/2 inch to 1 inch depending on the size of your wrist).
- Wrap pipe cleaner around your wrist to measure length of bracelet.
- Add 2″ and cut pipe cleaner to that length.
- Thread cut straws onto pipe cleaner.
- When straws are threaded onto pipe cleaner twist it into a circle and secure the ends of the pipe cleaner together.
- Wear your bracelet and gift the matching bracelet to a special friend.