For WPPL’s Summer of Pride, we are accepting creative writing submissions from our LGBTQ+ community to compile a digital zine, which will be available by the end of August. If you are interested in submitting a piece of your work, please read the guidelines below before sending in a submission. We look forward to reading the creative works of our patrons!
- We will be accepting all genres and forms of creative writing (poetry, essays, short fiction, etc), as long as it is related to Pride. If you need some inspiration, some ideas include: Being LGBTQ+ in Cleveland, how quarantine has affected you, or the experience of living through civil rights movements. Those are only suggestions. You can write about anything related to being LGBTQ+
- Only one submission per person will be accepted.
- Please keep submissions 1000 words or under for essays, up to 5 pages for short stories, up to 30 lines for poems, and up to 3 minutes for spoken word submissions. If you have a format not mentioned, please ask us first in an email.
- Submissions are limited to ages 18 and up, however, we request that you use discretion and keep content appropriate for all ages. We reserve the right to return submissions if we believe the content is not fit for the general audience that views our website. However, we will allow you to edit and re-submit content.
- We will not be responsible for the editing, spelling, or grammar of creative content. We respect the right to artistic expression and that includes purposeful spelling and syntax. Please proofread submissions, including your information on the form below, before you submit. If your submission has a non-traditional layout (purposeful spacing, arrangement, etc), we ask that you submit content in a static format such as a PDF or image to keep that from accidentally being reformatted as it is transferred between computers.
- The deadline for submissions will be July 31.
- Please download and fill out the form below, and send the completed form along with your work to email@example.com