Mr. Wuffles! written and illustrated by David Wiesner is about a beautiful black and white cat. The book Mr. Wuffles! is a Caldecott Honoree Book of 2014.
Mr. Wuffles, the cat, is very picky about his toys. His friend offers Mr. Wuffles several toys, but he does not want to play with them. Mr. Wuffles is only interested in one toy. In this masterfully illustrated book you find out why Mr. Wuffles is so particular about his toys.
This cat craft is fun, economical and requires very little help from an adult. The craft in the picture is drawn with white chalk on black paper. Any dark color construction paper with a light colored chalk can be used. Use your favorite colors or draw your favorite cat.
- Dark colored construction paper
- Chalk or sidewalk chalk (lighter color)
- White construction paper
- Draw lines in a starburst pattern from the middle of the dark construction paper, use the picture as your guide.
- Cut a large white oval, two medium circles and three small triangles from the white construction paper.
- Draw a heart in the middle of the oval, turn the oval upside down (you want the tip of the heart pointing up).
- Draw two curved lines from the middle of the bottom of the heart, use the picture as your guide.
- Color a small black circle in the middle of each medium white circle.
- Glue the oval to the middle of the dark construction paper, to cover the middle of the starburst.
- Glue the eye (circles) just above the oval onto the dark construction paper.
- Arrange the triangles above the eyes as shown in the picture and glue to the dark construction paper.
- Be creative—you could do more to the picture.