Learn how to make an origami frog with Miss Cathy!
I’m going to show you how to make an origami frog. Origami is the art of paper folding. There are lots of different ways to make origami frogs. Some are really complicated, but I’m going to show you a very simple and easy way that’s great for beginners.
First you’ll need a square of the thinnest paper you can find. You can use any color you like. It doesn’t matter what size your square is, but you don’t want it to be too small. The square I’m using is about 8” x 8” and is cut from a plain sheet of regular printer paper.
- Once you have your square, fold the bottom side up to meet the top of the paper.
- Open the paper up, and fold the right side over to meet the left side of the paper.
- Open the paper up once again. Fold each corner into the center of the paper, making nice neat creases as you go.
- Now turn your paper so that you have a diamond shape.
- Fold the right corner in towards the center of your paper.
- Fold the left corner in towards the center of your paper.
- It now looks like you have an upside-down kite. Fold the bottom triangle up along the straight line at its top.
- Fold the right bottom corner in towards the middle, then fold the left bottom corner in towards the middle.
- Take the bottom of your paper and fold it up to the bottom of the triangle at the top of your paper.
- Fold the top half of the resulting rectangle to the bottom of your paper.
- Fold the top point of your paper down just a little.
Finally, turn your paper over to see your frog. Decorate and enjoy!